Whether you’re on a hike or on an adventure in the backcountry, here are the top Six tips to help ensure your safety and provide peace of mind for your beloved.
1. Make a trip plan and let your family or friends know, stick to this! So, if you can’t connect with the outside world or there's any other situation, at least there is someone who knows the general area to tell the searches to start looking or find you quickly to help you.
2. Bring a water filter to obtain drinkable water. Water is the most crucial to all survival. Better pack a lightweight filter like the RapidPure Pioneer system.
3. Come next are shelter and food in the game of survival. It’s very important to have the ability to find or build a shelter and get warm and dry quickly. Check out lightweight survival gear (S.O.L Survive Outdoors Longer bivy kits) available at outdoor stores. And don't forget to pack some high-protein snacks.
4. Pack a medical kit and know how to use it which is more important. You should be updating your first aid skills by taking a course at least every three to five years. Someone can have a good supply of bandages and splints, but if they don’t know how to use them, then things can turn from bad to worse very quickly.
5. Invest in a communication device that can work without cell service. Technology has advanced greatly and there are far more ways to communicate for help than merely writing SOS in the sand or flashing a signal mirror at passing planes. The SPOT X 2-Way Satellite Messenger allows you to let everyone know your location and that you are safe and sound, or to send a distress signal for help. With SPOT X, you can send an SOS but also receive messages back, improving communication with friends, family and the rescue team coming to help you out, should you need it.
6. Wear safety outfit including safety shoes (Suadex Shoes ) which are especially for high anti-puncture and anti-smash, there're many athletic stylish steel toe sneakers for us to choose from.
Wish you happy healthy and safe outdoor!